Subaru of America kicked off its fourth annual “Share the Love” event Saturday, November 19. This year’s campaign features five charitable beneficiaries and even more love, thanks to support from the Facebook community.
- Subaru to donate $250 for every new Subaru vehicle sold or leased between November 19 and January 3; up to $5 million in total support
- Carmaker will also contribute up to $250,000 to designated charities via Facebook community votes
- Subaru has donated nearly $15 million to charitable causes since program inception
Subaru also is inviting the Facebook community to allocate up to $250,000 in additional support to the five charities. Facebook users can participate by visiting the "Share the Love Charities" tab on the Subaru of America Facebook page. Within the tab, users are able to select one of the five charities participating in the event and submit their vote for that charity to receive a $1 donation from Subaru. Upon submitting their vote,participants may share the experience with friends and view what percentage of votes their charity has received.
“Share the Love is rooted in our commitment to our customers and the causes they care about the most,” said Alan Bethke, director, marketing communications, Subaru of America. “We are pleased to continue the program for a fourth year and are excited about the expansion to the Facebook community.”
2011 “Share the Love” Charitable Beneficiaries
Facebook community voters and consumers who purchase or lease a new Subaru vehicle during this year's event can designate donations to any of the following organizations:
• American Forests: restores and protects rural and urban forests worldwide. It is the oldest national conservation nonprofit in the country and the only one focused exclusively on forests.
• The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®): works to rescue animals from abuse, pass humane laws and share resources with shelters across the country.
• Make-A-Wish Foundation: grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. It has granted more than 212,000 wishes in the United States since 1980.
• Meals On Wheels Association of America: provides national leadership to end senior hunger, offering home-delivered-meal services to people in need.
• Special Olympics: provides year-round sports and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
For more information call us today at (317) 263-0002!